Everyone needs to replenish after a stressful workout. Your body has now used the energy from protein and carbs in the body to fuel you. Now replenish it with some amazing things that it will thank you for the next day!!!
1. Check out BCAA’s and SAA’s. They stand for Branch Chain Amino Acids! What are they? The building blocks of protein of course!! They help us restore the muscles we have just worked on and make them stronger. Remember, more muscle, more fat burn. Plus, if these have a good amount of Glutamine, you’re less likely to have the muscle pain next day.
2. Dark leafy greens! -The antioxidants in the greens help with post-workout inflammation, which also helps with soreness. They also have omega 3’s which you need EVERYDAY! So saute that asparagus and bake those kale chips!
3. Hemp seeds. Now these lovely things not only help with omega 3’s, they can also be added to smoothies! It is one of the BEST plant based proteins on the market. It helps you stay fuller, longer. So as to avoid the post-workout munchies.
4. Electrolyte enhanced water. I usually acquire a bottle of Aqua Hydrate water from GNC as often as possible, because it has a ph balance of 9!!! That’s pretty high on the alkaline scale! Its a great way to nourish your body with detoxified water and boost the alkalinity of your body! Or you can make your own, by blending lemon juice, sea salt, a date and a small amount of dulse (seaweed) flakes, or choose an electrolyte powder that is made without artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners.
5. Whey protein (for the non-vegetarians) – It instantly fuels your body with protein and Amino acids to be pulled for recovery of broken down muscle tissue. It can also help with LEAN muscle gain!
I hope you enjoyed this blog post, and like the facebook page to keep updated on more!